Tuesday, March 27, 2012

American Idol Contestant

Last week at the club, I met a young college aged customer that said he was on American Idol. However, he did not make it to the finals. He was/seemed insulted when I told him that I do not watch television, so I would just take his word for it. But with his insulted reaction written all over his blank face, I could tell this blonde, short, chubby boy was telling the truth. He asked what I did that was more important then watch TV. I thought that was a classic line/question. It was a slow week night when I first met him, so I played along longer then usual.

On Saturday night, he returned once again. Towards the end of the night he was sitting at my stage and in an effort to make money and be nice I was talking to him while on stage. He put a dollar bill in his mouth, which is common, unhealthy but common. Instinct kicked in and I took the dollar bill out of  his mouth as I informed him he could get Hepatitis from this practice. His little man ego response was to insult me and say that he would get Hepatitis from me and not the dollar bill.

The young customers are always the interesting ones! Especially, the young ones who have just started chasing their dreams only to experience rejection for the first time in their life. Or when they have no experience, knowledge, wisdom, and/or success in the "Real world."

A new emotional void for them to fulfill!

~Zi-Fi

P.S. When I asked about his experience as a whole and what he learned from it he replied, as if rehearsed, "No publicity is bad publicity in show business."


"A good book has no ending."
~R.D. Cumming

No comments:

Post a Comment