Saturday, June 30, 2012

Is That Really "Work"?

Tonight, I voiced my adversion to getting ready for work on my personal Facebook page and received the following comment from a friend who is a DJ by trade:

"Is that really "work" tho??? Kinda like my job...its not really a job. They pay me to do what i love lol"

My response, "Nope ... It's really work...Shocking I know!"

A few years ago I may have agreed with this friend, but nowadays I do not. 

Years ago, I could have a bad day/night personally and still had a good night finacially. Merely enjoying preforming on stage, just dancing. However, the "Real" money has always been in getting naked on customers' laps and the hussle. 

No this is not something I love. 

I do not enjoy dancing naked on a strange customer's lap.

...I love the money!


~Zi-Fi

"And I try to give the best bang for the buck. I love performing more than anything else."
Jimmy Buffett

2 comments:

  1. AMEN MOMMA! a job is work that you get paid to do no matter if you love it or not.....does the fact that we drag ourselves in to the club to work kicking and screaming and it is a huge mental process just to prepare yourself to be there make it more of a job then?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. TY Mrsmaxwell... I thought I was the only one who did the kicking and screaming part! :) Lol

      Also, I agree with you the mental aspect of the job is more then a job in itself! If people could only understand better!!

      Delete