Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Sugar Time

I have not seen a SD since before I left for California, at the begining of the year. This is the longest break I have taken in a long time. I was emotionally burnt out and just did not have the energy to deal with all the nonsense that goes along with the process of meeting a good man. One who actualy values a beautiful and intelligent woman. Let alone a man I enjoy being around. When I was in California I took a total break. Not even talking to, texting, or emailing SDs. That was the best my heart has felt since I first started dancing. This realization is like a stone wall I built, while on vacation, around my heart.

Sometimes, I email or text randomly a perspective SD for a year or more before we actually meet in person. I look for quality not quantity and I would hope others would do the same! This past week, I have resumed my search and some perspective SDs freak out, for lack of a better word. Heaven forbid, I drop out of fantasy land to have a vacation in reality and normalcy. SDs, or most of them, are emotionally stunted, but very book smart/successful. Yet, full of assumptions about worlds/realities they have not lived.

An example of a text message from a perspective SD I was emailing around Thanksgiving a fair amount. And just reconnected with this week is:

"I'm not sure that you really care about how you are valued. As long as you're compensated enjoy the rewards all is good. But somewhere in there is a good person I know that. That's the person I remember."

Specifically, this perspective SD lives in Austin and is an ER Dr at a hospital. I googled his name and email address, which I often do. We related  because my Dad is from West Texas. Also, we both had odd hours and worked a lot. I am always working on something, when my mind is really in the hussle.

The above text message was his response to my travel arrangement requirements. I refuse to go on a trip at a potential loss. Most of these SDs live in cities that I have been to already. So it is not about the once in a lifetime experience. It would be to meet them specifically and maybe scope out some new strip clubs. And it is not a true vacation. Meeting a stranger in a strange city is not my idea of fun or a vacation at all! But sometimes it works out in amazingly unimaginable ways!


People often think that what I do is easy, but it is like searching for a needle in a haystack.

~Zi-Fi

No comments:

Post a Comment